Blizzard has changed several trinkets recently:
- Arcanogolem Digit: Damage increased by 30%.
- Draught of Souls: The Use effect of this trinket now respects the global cooldown.
- Entwined Elemental Foci: The amount of Critical Strike, Mastery, and Haste granted by this item’s proc has been increased by 5%.
- Serenity – Pre Nerf | Post Nerf
- Whirling Dragon Punch and Drinking Horn Cover – Pre Nerf | Post Nerf
- Whirling Dragon Punch w/o Drinking Horn Cover – Pre Nerf | Post Nerf
Time to analyze.
- Serenity – 6.3% less
- Whirling Dragon Punch and Drinking Horn Cover – 4.3% less
- Whirling Dragon Punch w/o Drinking Horn Cover – 1.3% less
Now looking at how the previous top combo looks after the changes:
It makes sense that Drinking Horn Cover would be hit harder since it has higher uptime, so a decrease in uptime is a bigger deal with it than without. Obviously losing that much damage with Drinking Horn Cover really sucks. Blizzard stated their goal was to decrease the interaction between Serenity and Convergence of Fates, so they definitely succeeded in their mission.
I ran sims looking at the Nighthold trinkets alone:
The trinkets are still all pretty close now, but obviously Convergence of Fates fell down pretty hard. If Blizzard wanted to homogenize the trinket’s power, then it worked. Bleh. Convergence of Fates is still BiS for Serenity. Which means…..
Obviously some other things will need to be changed in the guides and whatnot, so hopefully I’ll get to that tomorrow.
Hopefully, this answers more questions than it creates. As always you can find us on Discord to answer questions, and if you liked what you read don’t hesitate to scroll down or to the top and subscribe and support WtW.